Wiki To-Do List
This page is to help us keep track of what we want to do with the wiki and secondarily who is doing what. Feel free to put your name next to something you want to do. On the other hand, don't be afraid of taking something on just because there's a name next to it if it's not getting done. Changing things is easy on a wiki so don't worry about stepping on toes.
I don't feel like asking Morticon to install a checklist plugin so just use [ ] and [✔] for these.
In addition to the items listed below, we can always use help improving layout, formatting, and organization.
Anything dealing with transferring over the existing site that isn't covered in another section and how to improve it as we do so.
[✔] Transfer homepage and some art assets (Transferred some of the major info and the logo. Not the cool computer picture, though -- Lepus 2017-09-04 21:56:39)
- [ ] Transfer creative page. Transfer over existing info, but also put up instructions on how to get your content/link to your page added to the wiki
- [ ] Make a link to the news page. Include info on how to write a news story
- [ ] Write proposal for what to do about wordpress site
[ ] Decide what to do with the map. (I say cut it) (Looks like Kinsor has ported these over in a grid-based text format.)
- [✔] Instructions for connecting on the main page
[✔] Draft MUCK announcement (Assigned: Lepus)
[✔] Make a page of recommended MUCK clients. Unlike the existing web site, this should be a separate page from Getting Started, which should only point people to the web client. (Added MuckClients and added a link to it from the bottom of GettingStarted)
Technical information pages.
- [✔] AUP/CoC page. Include Findra's explanation (Attempting: Austin)
- [ ] Make a Documentation homepage that explains the other related pages
[✔] Write a 'Your first day on SpinDizzy' tutorial perhaps? Connecting as a guest. Getting a character. meeting people, etc. (Assigned: Alkani) (Took a first pass at this. See GettingStarted -- Lepus 2017-09-04 21:56:39)
- [✔] Write a "Commands" landing zone that serves as a jumping point for all command documentation (LZ should be peer reviewed/edited appropriately; Assigned: Alkani)
- [✔] Write a General Command block, with the following minimum information: Command Keyword, Built-In/Global, Arguments, Usage Syntax.
[✔] Develop standardized Command article layout. Include General Command Block, a blurb about the command, when it would generally be used, when it shouldn't (maybe? are there cases like that?), syntax definitions (tabular), examples, alternate commands. (Planning on referencing something akin to Linux Manual Pages or the IBM InfoCenter-style examples for commands. (Assigned: Alkani)
- [ ] Commands Quick Sheet/Cheat Sheet for the most commonly-used commands (will probably be done as part of a "A Player's First Day"/Getting Started Doc (Alkani)
- [ ] Work on the Puppet Documentation (Alkani)
- [ ] Transfer Xor's getting started pages and tutorials
- [ ] Global commands list (Assigned: Niny'ah)
[ ] Page for EditPlayer (and other hammers deserve their own pages too)
[ ] List of Wizards and HelpStaff (Assigned: Jaxen)
- [ ] Instructions on getting a wiki account to edit things (non-urgent; people can ask for now)
[ ] Experiment with getting MoinMoin to read the bulletin board contents (Assigned: Morticon and Lepus)
- [ ] Experiment with a plugin to list currently logged in users on the landing page (Assigned: Lepus)
Pages related to lore and RP
[ ] Make an RP homepage detailing the various subsections of the Wiki and an intro to RP on the MUCK (CategoryRolePlaying is a start at this, but it could use fleshing out)
- [ ] Write a template for place descriptions
MoinMoin Aesthetic Misc.
Things related to making MoinMoin work/look more appropriately for our needs.
[✔] Enable supplemental pages for discussion. See https://moinmo.in/HelpOnConfiguration/SupplementationPage (Assigned: Morticon)
- [ ] Get some better/more appropriate emoticons
- [ ] Image header for RP pages (I think the comedy/tragedy masks would be a good one)
[✔] Fix MoinMoin default template for personal pages. Currently it suggests phone numbers, pictures, etc. which is way too personal for a mostly anonymous MUCK. (Removed emails and left it pretty blank. Should probably differentiate itself from character pages somehow. -- Lepus 2017-09-04 21:56:39)